- Volunteer JobID: 171
- Position Type:
97 Volunteers/Volunteer - School or Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
- Availability, dependability,reliability, friendliness and flexibility.
- Awareness of and willingness to follow any school district or state-mandated criteria regarding health and background checks.
- Special talents or abilities that help to enrich the school program.
- Recognition that accepting an assignment is a serious commitment.
- Strict confidentiality regarding students and school personnel .
- Awareness of the ethical and legal responsibilities involving the privacy of students' records.
- A desire and interest in working with children and youth.
- A willingness to learn and to follow directions
- Work with school personnel to develop a clear understanding of duties and responsibilities.
- Attend and participate in orientation and training, as necessary.
- Become familiar with the school—both the staff and the campus.
- Become familiar with procedures and expectations regarding role as a school volunteer.
POSITION TITLE: SCHOOL VOLUNTEER
WHO MAY SERVE AS A SCHOOL VOLUNTEER?
School volunteers may be parents, community members, senior citizens or upper grade students who augment and complement the educational program. Volunteers can be utilized in a variety of situations in schools, ranging from one time only to monthly, weekly or daily commitments. They may provide tutorial help, monitor lunchrooms, staff libraries and supervise playgrounds. Volunteers assist the classroom teacher, the school nurse or the clerical staff. They may make telephone calls, enter data, type or file. They might share a special skill, occupation or talent with the students.