Technology Support Assistant
- Technology Support Assistant JobID: 137
- Position Type:
75 Technology/Technology Support Assistant
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Additional education or experience in setting up, operating, and repairing computer hardware
- Familiarity with Windows XP Professional and Windows 7
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Ability to type
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Associates degree, preferred
- Maintain inventory control and manage warranty repairs for computing initiatives.
- Assist teachers and students with hardware and software malfunctions.
- Maintain control of parts inventory.
- Assist with password resets and account maintenance.
- Resolves entry level network connectivity issues.
- Reimage student/teacher laptops/workstations/Install software.
- Document repairs in accordance with IT policies/procedures.
- Supports the ethical and professional use of software and equipment.
- Demonstrates hardware and software use to district employees and students.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required to meet the essential functions of this position
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is variously required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear. In addition, the employee will use hands to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.