- Teacher- Technology JobID: 374
- Position Type:
10 Elementary School Teaching/Technology Teacher
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
• Arizona Elementary Teaching Certificate K-8 and/or an Arizona Secondary Certificate with a Computer Science K12 Endorsement (requirement will depend upon staff placement)
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize effectively the school’s computer hardware and instructional software and make recommendations for implementation into school curriculum.
• Ability to assist adults in the use of microcomputers, operating systems, application software, and integration of technology into the curriculum.
• Experience and ability in working collaboratively with fellow teachers to develop curriculum and teach students.
• Ability to diagnose and trouble shoot basic hardware, software and system problems.
• Provides instruction to students in computer applications necessary to complete classroom projects more successfully.
• Organize and maintain labs, mini labs and other technology sites in the school.
• Facilitate development of computer curriculum for primary, intermediate and middle school students for use in both labs and individual classrooms that is supportive of the academic curriculum.
• Remain current regarding research in educational applications of technology and inform others (i.e., computers, laser technology, multimedia, video, internet, etc.).
• Recommend appropriate hardware and software for implementation of curriculum and technological advancement—provide teachers to integrate technology applications into the regular curricular assignments.
• Provide assistance for teachers in the use of student software applications including multimedia technology.
• Work closely with district Technology Staff to maintain and expand technology capabilities of the school and district.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply: Applications can be obtained via the District website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.