Teacher - AVID
- Teacher - AVID JobID: 598
- Position Type:
20 Middle School Teaching
- Date Posted:
Tillman Middle School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Possesses or qualifies for appropriate Arizona Teacher Certificate.
- Possesses special area endorsements as required by state and/or federal regulations or District policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to manage productively groups of students.
- Demonstrates accountability for student growth in all areas consistent with District developed object.
- Produces evidence of a comprehensive background in child development, instructional strategies, classroom curricular implementation, learning theory and the effective school research.
- Plans, implements and evaluates instructional programs appropriate for areas of assignment and student population.
- Works cooperatively with administration and staff at the building level to best meet the educational needs of the student population.
- Assumes responsibility for providing instruction to students consistent with the District Goals and Objectives.
- Develops procedures for assessing and evaluating student progress on stated objectives.
- Modifies instruction for students not performing appropriately with grade level materials.
- Uses current research relevant to instructional strategies in most effectively organizing classroom activities.
- Demonstrates knowledge in subject areas.
- Helps students develop positive self-concepts.
- Supports and implements established District discipline program.
- Becomes aware of and follows the policies and procedures of the school and District.
- Specifies objectives for lessons.
- Specifies teaching procedures for the lesson.
- Specifies content, materials and media for lessons.
- Specifies procedures for assessing student progress.
- Takes into account students’ abilities and learning styles.
- Obtains and uses information about students and seeks assistance from specialists.
- Takes into account different rates of learning.
- Uses instructional equipment and other aides.
- Gives directions and explanation related to lesson.
- Uses student responses and questions in teaching.
- Provides student feedback throughout lesson.
- Uses acceptable written and oral expression.
- Uses learning activities, which are logically sequenced.
- Uses a variety of teaching methods appropriately and effectively.
- Demonstrates ability to work with individuals, small and large groups.
- Gets students initially involved in the lesson.
- Provides opportunities for participation.
- Reinforces student involvement.
- Uses instructional time effectively.
- Attends to routine tasks.
- Maintains an attractive and stimulating learning environment.
- Communicates enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates warmth and friendliness.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to needs and feelings of students.
- Maintains positive classroom behavior.
- Manages disruptive behavior.
- Works cooperatively with colleagues, administrators and community members.
- Works cooperatively with parents.
- Follows the policies and administrative procedures of the school and District.
- Participates in professional growth activities exclusive of required in-service.
- Assists in accomplishing school goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications can be obtained via our website: www.balsz.org.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.