Supervisor of Wellness and Safety
- Supervisor of Wellness and Safety JobID: 175
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s or Advanced Degree Preferred
- Leadership experience in school, districts, and/or student development programs
- Familiarity with safety protocols and school safety in general
- Understanding of various positive behavior models and culture development techniques.
- Prior interaction with wellness programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to maintain fiscal responsibility based on district budget and expectations.
- Developed ability to build and shift organizational culture.
- Strong ability to build relationships with various diverse populations.
- Coordinates a comprehensive security/school safety program, policies and procedures by studying organization operations and schedules; establishing internal controls; conducting inspections as appropriate; reporting potential hazards to appropriate departments; creating and updating Balsz School District Governing Board policies and Standard Operating Procedures, safety and security manuals.
- Coordinates school safety compliance with federal, state and local regulations by studying existing and new requirements and overseeing and enforcing school-wide adherence to requirements.
- Coordinates safety planning and practice to support academic processes of each school by creatively implementing best practices in safety, security and emergency preparedness with proper adaptation to the environment, creativity and innovation so the process of education can be enhanced rather than impeded by safety efforts.
- Conducts and coordinates safety, security and emergency preparedness training by developing, scheduling and/or facilitating training for staff, students and public safety officials relating to school safety, security and emergency preparedness.
- Secures facilities, equipment, students and personnel by working in conjunction with the appropriate departments in recommending safety and security equipment purchases and upgrades; maintaining records of fire and other emergency drills and conducting drills when appropriate; supervising and maintaining access control and key distribution.
- Provide oversight, documentation and coordination of approval of school volunteers and independent service providers to include background check and clearance.
- Serves as a liaison with local law enforcement agencies. Working directly with local law enforcement agencies during critical incident situations and follow-up.
- Works with appropriate departments to meet operational security needs within budget; works with Finance, Facilities and Maintenance departments for capital improvements as needed; schedules expenditures.
- Assists in the development and implementation of security plans for special events.
- Advises and assists site-based administrators in matters involving criminal activities on school campus.
- Coordinates with site-based administrators, Maintenance and Facilities Departments to address and correct safety/security issues on school campus.
- Prepares memos, reports, drawings, etc. related to safety and traffic issues on school campus; presenting them to appropriate school directors.
- Receives all reports of school crime from site-based administrators and maintains statistics regarding this information.
- Communicates with media on involving school safety.
- Communicates with other schools on matters related to school safety.
- Supervisor of Wellness and Safety participates in annual trainings to stay current on laws, policies and procedures regarding school safety.
- Attends parent organizational and school board meetings as necessary.
- Represents Balsz School District in matters of security through state and national organizations.
- Leads and guides the overall positive behavior and culture initiative for the district and its schools.
- Leads the sustainable practice of SEL and wellness with reference to the eight domains of wellness.
- Manages athletics opportunities via school teams and extra-curricular opportunities.
- Performs other related work as required.
Job Title: Supervisor of Wellness and Safety
Employment: Full-time - 12 Months
Salary: Administrative -
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent of Academics
Supervises: Safety procedures and wellness activities of the district.
The Supervisor of Wellness and Safety will maintain a safe and secure environment for students, employees and visitors by helping to develop, establish and enforce safety and security policies, access control procedures, accident prevention efforts, support risk management efforts, fire, safety, emergency management, asset protection, parking control and traffic enforcement programs. The Supervisor of Wellness and Safety performs tasks in developing, implementing, and managing programs designed to effectively address security and school safety needs. Employee is responsible for coordinating a comprehensive school safety program, which includes working with local law enforcement agencies. Employee works extensively with Superintendent, school administrators and Balsz community on all areas of school safety. Work also involves implementing training programs pertaining to matters of safety and security for site-based administrators. Will help to develop and monitor school safety areas within school improvement plans. Employee represents Balsz School District and communicates with the media on school safety matters. Additionally, this role is our primary district leader in our social emotional learning and practices. This individual is the district key personnel to offer leadership to all schools regarding schoolwide and student specific positive behavior intervention strategies as well as the direction on extra-curricular that connect with the eight domains for wellness including emotional, environmental, financial, intellectual, physical, occupational, social, and spiritual. Essentially, this district leader is a culture champion and has evidence of providing leadership in the development and sustaining school culture towards engagement and social and academic achievement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District website, www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and
isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.