Summer School Coordinator-Internal Posting
- Summer School Coordinator-Internal Posting JobID: 604
- Position Type:
99 Stipend - Extra Duty
- Date Posted:
Various Balsz Elementary District Schools
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
04/13/2021   Additional Information:
- Support recruitment and planning.
- Support Summer School registration.
- Work with summer data analyst to provide a list of all registered students.
- Develop master schedule, class rosters, arrive and dismissal procedures, and plan for attendance.
- Work with site staff to implement ELA, Math, and Science curricula to target AZ Academic Standards and deliver engaging, educational programming for students.
- Execute and enforce site policies and student discipline code.
- Arrange for coverage in the event of teaching staff absence.
- Coordinate emergency response procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Collect staff time sheets for approval.
- Facilitate site summer expectations meeting.
- Complete site program evaluation.
- Completion of wrap-up duties, including a Final Report:
- Attendance at all central planning meetings.
- Effectively communicate with families before, during, and at closing of Summer School.
- Ability to supervise other academic teachers and paraprofessionals in summer setting (providing constructive feedback, developing collaborative effort).
- Skills in collaboration, group process and team facilitation.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills, positive demeanor, and a professional attitude.
- Demonstrates effective leadership qualities & skills, such as strategic and critical thinking, responsibility, dependability, flexibility, creativity, and self-awareness.
- Demonstrates great work ethics and a positive rapport with staff and students at the school site.
- Technology savvy preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree preferred. Master’s degree in Educational Leadership preferred.
- Position to be housed at the appointed school site during the Summer School Program. Prior to the start of the program, the Summer School Coordinator will take part in planning meetings at the District Office.
- Current certified BESD teacher with at least 3 years of teaching experience preferred. Preference given to teachers returning to BESD for the 2021-22 school year.
- Prior Summer School experience.
BESD Summer School Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Curriculum and Instruction
STIPEND AMOUNT: $ 6,500
START DATE: 4/26/21
END DATE: 6/30/21
REPORTS TO: Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Under the direction of Director of Curriculum and Instruction, the Summer School Coordinator will oversee the BESD Summer School Program at one school site. The Summer School Coordinator will supervise academic teachers and paraprofessionals, serve as site lead for instructional support, and oversee operational management for programming. The Summer School Coordinator will provide a final report to the Director of Curriculum and Instruction that includes data analysis and program evaluation at the conclusion of Summer School.Essential Job Functions
B. Co-plan and attend all planning meetings required.
B. Observe classes (at least 1X per week), provide timely feedback, lead meetings, and model practices to improve instruction.
C. Collecting lesson plans, student surveys, and teacher surveys.
B.) Submission of Program Evaluation.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Skills:
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 604