Special Education Self-Contained Teacher
- Special Education Self-Contained Teacher JobID: 493
- Position Type:
30 Special Education - Student Services/ED Self-Contained Teacher
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Arizona Special Education Teacher Certification with appropriate endorsement.
- Highly qualified as required by IDEA 2004.
- Masters' Degree in Special Education (preferred).
- Good knowledge of the nature and effects of the impairment(s) or disability(ies) of the students to whom assigned.
- Good knowledge of the procedures, practices, materials and equipment required to provide appropriate learning and behavioral experiences for students to whom assigned.
- Ability to assess needs, develop and implement the IEP, and evaluate outcomes in specialty.
- Ability to coordinate activities with related and specialist staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, parents, and the community; excellent human relations skills; skill in both oral and written communication; ability to develop and maintain required records and reports.
- Provide direct instruction based on child’s IEP, and the Arizona State Standards.
- Conduct appropriate academic evaluations; develop, implement and monitor appropriate academic/behavioral individual education plans (IEP’s).
- Confer and consult with regular classroom teachers regarding student needs and progress.
- Maintain accurate records for documentation of student progress.
- Participate in the MET process.
- Plan, conduct and/or participate in training activities and department meetings.
- Maintain on-going communication (verbal and written) with parents of special education students.
- Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
- Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards and interest centers.
- Consult with staff members regarding interventions and accommodations for students.
- Direct activities of instructional assistants.
- Provide performance evaluation input regarding special education instructional assistant(s) to school administrator.
- Attend all necessary training and department meetings.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the building principal and Director of Student Services.
Job Title: Special Education Cross-Categorical Resource Teacher
Salary: Certified Salary Schedule
Reports to: Principal and/or Asst. Principal
Supervises: Instructional Assistant
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.