School Office Assistant
- School Office Assistant JobID: 553
- Position Type:
50 Campus Support Staff
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
07/29/2019   TITLE: School Office Assistant
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Basic knowledge of school office procedures
- The ability to type 40 words per minute
- Ability to perform multiple non-technical tasks.
- Ability to type data input.
- Ability to perform basic math including calculation of fractions, percents and/or ratios; read and interpret instructions; and understand multiple step instructions.
- Knowledge of computer operation.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Ability to schedule activities; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic job related equipment.
- Flexibility to work with others under a variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using standard methods of operation.
- Ability to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of similar types and/or purposes; and utilize job related equipment. In working with others, some problem solving is required to analyze issues, create plans of action and reach solutions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records, correspondence and conversations.
- Ability to use common sense and make good decisions in the absence of the School Administrative Assistant.
- Ability to work under standardized instructions and/or routines; providing information and/or advising other persons; and operating within a defined budget and/or financial guidelines.
- Administers first aid and medication (e.g. to students, staff, as required,) for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs.
- Answers multi-line telecommunications system for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Assists office staff, teachers and parents (e.g. enrollment applications, withdrawal forms, free lunch applications, etc.) for the purpose of district and state compliance.
- Distributes mail, supplies, messages, keys, etc. for the purpose of disseminating materials to appropriate parties.
- Evaluates situations (e.g. involving other staff, students, parents, the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Maintains files and student records (e.g. Special education and regular education records and files) for the purpose of compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and policies.
- Maintains radios, phone system/voice mail, schedules, etc. for the purpose of ensuring proper usage, maintenance and availability.
- Performs clerical and/or secretarial duties (e.g. types memos, school newsletter, weekly bulletin, etc.) for the purpose of assisting others in the performance of their work and the efficient operation of the school office.
- Processes documents and materials (e.g. sorts and distributes mail and processes outgoing mail, bulk mail, overnight deliveries, schedules, agendas, mail, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Responds to inquires of staff, the public, parents and/or students for the purpose of providing information and/or direction as may be required.
- Ensures accuracy of attendance records (e.g. verification of forgeries, truancies, etc.) for the purpose of complying with State laws governing attendance accounting.
- Maintains records (e.g. files, average daily attendance, etc.) for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information.
- Makes personal contact (e.g. with parents, students, staff, etc.) for the purpose of providing information on a variety of attendance issues.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. CUTS letters, perfect attendance awards, attendance calendar, etc.) for the purpose of conveying information regarding school attendance.
- Processes documents and materials (e.g. attendance records, CUTS letters, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
The job of School Office Assistant is done for the purpose/s of providing clerical support to assigned personnel; communicating information to staff, the public, and other districts; and providing information and/or direction as may be requested.
EMPLOYMENT: Classified School Calendar +5 days before school, +5 days after school ends.
SALARY: Classified Salary Schedule
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: School Administrative Assistant SUPERVISES: No Supervisory Responsibilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office or via our website: www.balsz.k12.az.us. If you are a District employee and are interested in applying for this position, submit a PAR with any backup documentation indicating your qualifications for consideration.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.