School Nurse, Registered Nurse (R.N.)
- School Nurse, Registered Nurse (R.N.) JobID: 554
- Position Type:
30 Special Education - Student Services
- Date Posted:
All Balsz School District Campuses
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Valid Arizona Registered Nurse License.
- Adhere to the requirements for certification under the AZ Board of Nursing for School Nurse.
- Minimum of two years working as a Registered Nurse.
- Experience working with children and school programs, preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish, preferred.
- Computer knowledge, preferred.
- Ability to organize well.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Tact in dealing with parents, students and staff.
- Implement school health service programs by utilizing established nursing process to assess, analyze, plan, implement, record and evaluate all health/nursing care.
- Provide health and safety resource materials to staff, students and parents.
- Assist other school personnel to establish safe and sanitary conditions in the schools.
- Provide high quality school nursing health services to students and staff in a confidential manner respecting their right to privacy.
- Carry out administrative duties related to the school health program and to the further development of school nursing.
- Assist in the assessment and evaluation of current health and safety needs of students and staff.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Any other duties as assigned, with priority being given to school health issues.
POSITION TITLE: School Nurse
Reports to: Director of Student Services/School Principal
Supervises: Students and staff assigned to nurse’s office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply: Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.