- Payroll/Benefits Specialist JobID: 452
- Position Type:
90 Human Resources/Payroll/Benefits Specialist
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous payroll/accounting experience required.
- Post-secondary education credits/training in accounting preferred
- Previous benefit experience, preferred.
- Ability to perform multiple non-technical/technical tasks.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Relates to the public and staff in a positive manner.
- Command of business English and able to write letters using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Experience with computers including knowledge/experience with spreadsheets, word processing, and accounting software.
- Ability to communicate with others in a clear and precise manner, and to work cooperatively and tactfully with staff and public.
- Maintain confidentiality of records, correspondence and conferences.
- Prepares biweekly payroll for all employees and annual payroll processing procedures (i.e., W-2’s, quarterly tax reports, etc.).
- Enters new employees into the payroll system.
- Maintains the substitute system and ensure that substitutes are booked as needed for instructional settings.
- Maintains records of industrial injuries and act as a liaison between insurance carrier and employee.
- Compiles and submit financial data for Medicaid reimbursements.
- Ensures accurate accountability for all wage related issues, including but not limited to; payroll encumbrances, journal entries, accurate fund balance, including retrieval of wages.
- Attends meetings for the purpose of learning, conveying, and/or gathering information required to perform job responsibilities.
- Composes documents for the purpose of communicating information to school and district personnel, the public, state officials, etc.
- Informs/educates personnel regarding payroll and attendance information.
- Maintains various employment files and records (i.e., payroll, benefit, personnel files, etc.), compiling pertinent employee information for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of employee’s compensation and complying with all federal/state/district regulations.
- Prepares reports, studies for the purpose of providing information to the Board, Superintendent, District Office Administrators, other staff, and the public and/or complying with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains compliance with current legal requirements, in regards to payroll and benefits.
- Assists in reviewing and verifying the accuracy of electronic and paper records of hours worked for processing payroll.
- Assists in maintaining attendance records.
- Verifies and makes changes in salary, deductions, tax shelter amendments and other personnel data.
- Verifies and distributes annual W-2 and retirement statements.
- Submits reports and payments as required along with payroll (i.e., quarterly reports, insurance billings/reports, accounts payables, deposits, annual reports, etc.).
- Assists in the insurance open enrollment meetings and holds insurance enrollment meetings after the initial open enrollment.
- Reconciles enrollment forms and billings to employee records (e.g. health, dental, vision, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accurate eligibility and payment information and complying with contract provisions.
- Promotes and manages wellness programs
- Reviews and maintains various information (e.g. medical insurance forms, dental/vision/disability, new hire paperwork, etc.) and compliance (i.e. COBRA, FMLA etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completeness of records and insurance claims/billings/collections.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance to fulfill essential functions of the job responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please see attached for job description and requirements.
Job Title: Payroll/Benefits Specialist
Salary: Grade 22
Reports to: Human Resources/Payroll Manager
Supervises: No Supervisory Responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.