- Parent Liaison JobID: 384
- Position Type:
95 Curriculum Department/Parent Liaison
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
until filled   TITLE: Parent Liaison
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One-year experience working in the area of community development, preferred.
- Must possess good human relation skills.
- Experience in working in a culturally diverse community setting.
- Bilingual in English and the particular language needed to fill the position (preferred).
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record and insurance.
- Function as part of a team to provide assistance to students, families and staff to ensure a successful school experience.
- Provide oral and written translation services as needed.
- Assist parents enrolling children in school and to provide home-school communication.
- Works closely with school staff to obtain necessary information and provide assistance to families.
- Provides support in implementation and coordination of activities with outside service agencies, school sites, etc. for child care, transportation to and from school, etc.
- Conduct home visits.
- Act as liaison with neighborhood associations.
- Ability to work independently within accountability system.
- Develop connections between staff, parents, and students.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administration instructions and regulations, board policy and state/federal regulations.
- Assist with providing general information or assistance to non-English speaking parents or students.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Works closely with school administration to assess school needs in order to develop programming that is specific to those identified needs.
- Coordinate and oversee adult education activities, including but not limited to ESL and parenting classes.
- Provide parenting classes as needed.
- Perform other activities as assigned by, 21st Century Coordinator and/or the Director of Curriculum Federal/State Projects.
EMPLOYMENT: Classified School Calendar
SALARY: Classified Salary Schedule
GRADE: 9 FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: 21st Century Coordinator or the Director of Curriculum Federal/State Projects or Principal/Assistant Principal
SUPERVISES: No Supervisory Responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office or via our website: www.balszk12.az.us. If you are a District employee and are interested in applying for this position, submit a PAR with any backup documentation indicating your qualifications for consideration.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.