- Paraprofessional/Instructional Assistant JobID: 245
- Position Type:
50 Campus Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
All Balsz School District Campuses
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
Instructional Assistant Special Education
· *High School Graduate or equivalent and passage of an approved proficiency exam (i.e. ParaPro, WorkKeys).
· **60 credit hours of higher education or AA degree or higher.
· First aid and CPR certification (required to have within 30 days of employment).
· Bilingual in English and Spanish (oral, reading and writing) preferred.
· Good clerical skills.
· Experience working with children.
· Operate general office equipment including laminator.
· Ability to work with students one-on-one, in small groups and with the entire class.
· Relates to student, parents and staff in a positive manner.
· Be able to stand for long periods of time, walk to class to and from Specials and bend working with students at low tables and low chairs, sitting on the floor with the students for activities.
· Be able to perform playground or cafeteria duty.
· Maintain confidentiality regarding student and student’s family.
· Good attendance record.
· Assist the teacher in implementing the instructional program (math, art, language arts, science, health and safety, social studies, handwriting, phonics, etc.).
· Follow directions of the teacher to provide a positive program for students.
· Receive instructional materials and equipment and distribute according to the teacher’s directions.
· Locate, gather and prepare instructional materials as needed.
· Become familiar with and prepare classroom paperwork as needed (attendance, nurse cards, children’s files, collecting money and paperwork for pictures or field trips and fundraising).
· Supervise class, including introduction of new material, when teacher is conducting one-on-one testing or activity or during group activity.
· Ability to supplement material on the spur-of-the-moment when teacher is required elsewhere (parent, office, etc.).
· Assist substitute teacher with daily routine.
· Substitute for teacher as needed for as long as 2-3 hours.
· Perform first aid as needed for illness and injury. Determine referral to school nurse.
· Assist with preparing classroom for the beginning of the school year (decorating, rearranging, etc.).
· Assist with the beginning of the year paperwork (nametags for room, tables and going home, check lists for transportation home, bus routes, etc.).
· Assist in making sure all children depart safely by bus or picked up by proper person. Take remaining children to the office for parent or older sibling contact.
· Become familiar with and be able to assist students with computer and computer programs.
· Mark, score and records grades as supervised by the teacher.
· Assists in accomplishing school goals.
· Any other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.