- Position Type:
30 Special Education - Student Services/Occupational Therapist
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Participates as a consultant in the intervention and pre-referral process to generate and support interventions, accommodations, and modification in regular education.
- Screen and evaluate students’ physical, perceptual motor and sensorimotor, developmental, and self-help functioning skills based on formal and informal evaluation.
- Determines the evaluation information to be collected, administers assessments, analyzes and interprets information for parents, the IEP team and instructional staff, writes appropriate reports and recommendations.
- Writes appropriate goals and objectives and develops and coordinates appropriate treatment plans for students.
- Develops schedule and provides therapy for students who have deficits in physical, perceptual motor, and or sensorimotor functions.
- Collaborates with and trains family members, teachers and assistants in specific therapy techniques utilized for students in the classroom.
- Identify students’ needs for adaptive equipment and/or devices.
- Determine occupational therapy equipment and supply needs, make purchase requests for equipment and supplies as appropriate, and maintains inventory of occupational therapy equipment and supplies.
- Evaluate individual student progress in therapy programs on a regular basis, communicating findings to teachers, parents, and others involved through direct consultation or written reports. Complete quarterly, annual and other reports formally requested by the Director of Student Services.
- Maintains thorough and ongoing records for individual students receiving services and service logs and required documentation for Medicaid billing program.
- Maintains compliance with federal/state statures and district policies/procedures.
- Maintains awareness of current advancements/developments in the profession through attendance at professional conferences, workshops and inservice training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary: Related Services Salary Schedule
Reports to: Director of Student Services
Supervises: No Supervisory Responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.