- Medical Assistant JobID: 395
- Position Type:
50 Campus Support Staff/Medical Assistant
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Valid Medical Assistant Certificate
- Experience working with children and school programs, preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish, preferred.
- Computer knowledge
- Ability to organize well.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Tact in dealing with parents, students and staff.
- Practical understanding of confidentiality issues of HIPPA and FERPA.
- Implement school health service programs by utilizing established health process to assess, analyze, plan, implement, record and evaluate all health care.
- Provide health and safety resource materials to staff, students and parents.
- Assist other school personnel to establish safe and sanitary conditions in the schools.
- Provide high quality school health services to students and staff in a confidential manner respecting their right to privacy.
- Carry out administrative duties related to the school health program and to the further development of school health.
- Assist in the assessment and evaluation of current health and safety needs of students and staff.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Any other duties as assigned, with priority being given to school health issues.
***Please see attached for job description***
POSITION TITLE: Medical Assistant
Employment: Classified – School Calendar
Salary: Classified Salary Schedule
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Student Services/School Principal
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply: Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.