- Librarian JobID: 327
- Position Type:
10 Elementary School Teaching/Elementary School Teacher
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Arizona Teacher Certification which includes a Library/Media Specialist Endorsement.
- Three (3) years experience working in a school setting.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Assists teachers, students, and other personnel for the purpose of identifying resource materials for use in classroom and/or class assignments.
- Coordinates media requests of individual sites for the purpose of ensuring availability of audio visual equipment for instructional use.
- Determines needs of the library/media center and orders appropriately for the purpose of coordinating with and facilitating classroom curriculum and programs.
- Directs library/media clerks, student workers, volunteers, etc. for the purpose of ensuring assignments are completed appropriately.
- Distributes various books and media for the purpose of providing requested classroom reference materials.
- Instructs students for the purpose of educating them on the proper use of the library resources and technology (e.g. classification system, card catalog, care of materials, etc.).
- Inventories equipment and materials in library collection for the purpose of documenting losses and/or maintaining availability of materials.
- Participates in meetings for the purpose of communicating information and gaining feedback and/or direction on a variety of issues.
- Processes orders (e.g. books, periodicals, films, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining library collection controls.
- Promotes library use related to special holidays, seasonal activities, etc. for the purpose of motivating students to use the library resources.
- Researches availability of materials and media for the purpose of selecting appropriate items.
- Repairs books for the purpose of ensuring the availability of books.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.