K-5 Computer Science, Elementary Teacher
- K-5 Computer Science, Elementary Teacher JobID: 315
- Position Type:
10 Elementary School Teaching/Elementary School Teacher
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Arizona Elementary Teaching Certificate K-8 and/or an Arizona Secondary Certificate with a Computer Science K-12 Endorsement (requirement will depend upon staff placement)
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize effectively the school’s computer hardware and instructional software and make recommendations for implementation into school curriculum.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ISTE Standards for Computer Science Teachers and the K-12 Computer Science Standards (CSTA)
- Experience and ability in working collaboratively with fellow teachers to develop curriculum and teach students.
- Ability to diagnose and trouble shoot basic hardware, software and system problems.
- Entry level knowledge of school coding platforms and minimal experience or a strong desire to learn about 3D printing and robotics.
- Ability to work and learn alongside students on the foundations of coding, 3D printing, and robotics.
- Ability to guide students through online curriculum resources and project based experiences.
- Make outside connections to engineers, business leaders, and other educators to bring relevant, real world experiences and expertise into the classroom.
- Teach students about digital citizenship.
- Mentors students to seek answers through approved forums and safe web searches.
- Organize and maintain technology labs and equipment.
- Work collaboratively with others to choose, develop, and maintain a current computer science curriculum for grades K-8
- Facilitate alignment of computer science curriculum to current math standards for grades K-8.
- Remain current regarding research in educational applications of technology and computer science and inform others.
- Work closely with district Technology Staff to maintain and expand technology capabilities of the school and district.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Salary: Teacher Salary Schedule
Reports to: Principal and/or Asst. Principal
Supervises: No Supervisory Responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.