- Instructional Coach-Science JobID: 441
- Position Type:
10 Elementary School Teaching
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Valid Arizona Teacher Certification
- Applicable Reading or Math Endorsement
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years experience working in a K-8 school setting.
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Coach teachers on data-driven decision-making to plan, implement, and assess effective instruction.
- Keep a detailed portfolio of progress made.
- Work cooperatively with administration and staff to best meet the educational needs of the student population.
- Serve as coordinator for all state and district assessments.
- Collect and disseminate real time data and lead discussions around student data trends with administrators and teaching staff.
- Work with grade level teams to plan, implement and evaluate instruction in the areas of literacy and math using various lines of data.
- Assist teachers in the use of data to monitor and adjust reading and math intervention strategies.
- Conduct professional development activities to meet teacher needs as indicated by student performance data.
- Model academic and behavioral intervention strategies in classroom settings.
- Manage groups of students productively.
- Conduct literacy intervention groups as well as instruction in the Arizona state standards for subject area.
- Participate in meetings as directed by the Principal and/or Director of Curriculum.
- Perform other related duties.
Job Title: Instructional Coach
Employment: Student contact days + in-service(s)
Salary: Certified Salary Schedule
Reports to: Director of Teaching & Learning and Principals
Supervises: No supervisory responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.