Human Resources Specialist
- Human Resources Specialist JobID: 600
- Position Type:
90 Human Resources
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary education credits/training in related field, preferred
- Previous experience in human resources, payroll, and benefits, preferred
- Ability to perform multiple non-technical/technical tasks.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Relates to the public and staff in a positive manner.
- Command of business English and able to write letters using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Experience with computers including knowledge/experience with spreadsheets, word processing, and accounting software
- Experience with Infinite Visions, preferred
- Ability to communicate with others in a clear and precise manner, and to work cooperatively and tactfully with staff and public.
- Maintain confidentiality of records, correspondence and conferences.
- Assists the Director supporting the department with various tasks related to functions of the department including payroll and benefits
- Completes special projects as assigned; participates in internal meetings to identify data analysis needs; defines issues and problems, interprets concerns, defines desired results, and creates special reports.
- Assists with preparing all annual contracts and employee notices
- Ensure accuracy of personnel records for the purpose of complying with State and Federal laws.
- Prepare State, Federal and District reports as directed
- Maintain compliance with current legal requirements, including required postings and notices.
- Become knowledgeable and stay current regarding policies, regulations and legal requirements as related to Human Resources.
- Prepares Affordable Care Act reports and processes 1095 forms for employees
- Prepares annual SDER report
- Works with auditors providing requested documentation and preparing reports such as Compensated Absences
- Assists with employment records; enters new hires into the payroll system
- Assists Director with the recruitment of employees; builds relationships with outside entities such as universities and job posting sites
- Prepares and distributes recruiting materials in cooperation with any vacancies in the district
- Provides information to interested parties regarding district current/pending openings
- Manages district vacancies, applications and job pools using district application system
- Maintains Personnel Action Requests (PARs) in the Visions system ensuring accuracy and completion for various district personnel position changes
- Provides information as requested regarding unemployment claims
- Maintains position control in the Visions payroll system
- Respond to inquiries for the purpose of providing information and/or direction.
- Serves as backup in Payroll Department, when necessary
- Maintains the absolute confidentiality of all records and information
- Other duties as assigned
Job Title: Human Resources SpecialistEmployment: Twelve Months, Benefitted
Salary: Classified Salary Schedule
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Supervises: No Supervisory Responsibilities
Desired Education and Experience:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balszk12.az.us. District employees applying for this
position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.