- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is desired. Irrigation installation and repair, tool and mower maintenance and tree falling a plus.
- Previous work in an elementary school setting is beneficial.
- Ability to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percent’s, and/or ratios.
- Cleans landscaped areas and related items (e.g. storm drains walkways, etc.) for the purpose of preventing flooding and removing trash hazards.
- Coordinates with The Director of Maintenance and Transportation for the purpose of adjusting irrigation schedules and field preparation.
- Operate equipment used in grounds maintenance including tractors, weed whips, mowers, hand & power tools, etc. and adhering to safety practices.
- Maintains landscaping and athletic fields (e.g. mow/trim lawns, rakes leaves, picks up trash, prunes, trims trees/hedges, etc.) for the purpose of preserving grounds in a healthy, attractive and safe condition.
- Prepares grounds and athletic fields (e.g. fertilizes soil, courtyards, flower beds, stripping, etc.) for the purpose of providing adequate, attractive and safe areas for assemblies, recreational activities and/or athletic events.
- Plants various landscaping materials (e.g. lawns, shrubbery, flowers, trees, hedges, etc.) for the purpose of keeping the areas attractive and protecting against erosion.
- Transports various items (e.g. sand, dirt, furniture, equipment, supplies, fertilizer, etc.) for the purpose of providing materials at job site between school sites as required to complete tasks.
- Requests materials, supplies and equipment for the purpose of ensuring that adequate materials are available to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Enforces safety regulations at the work site.
- Adjust, cleans and performs minor mechanical work on grounds equipment.
- Recommends for purchase and suggests suitable locations for trees and shrubs.
- Inspects facility and grounds (e.g. cleanliness, safety hazards etc.) to maintain a clean safe environment.
- Performs preventive maintenance for the purpose of maintaining equipment and facilities in a safe secure environment.
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance for the purpose of maintaining a safe, clean, and secure environment.
- Procures equipment, supplies and materials for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items and completing jobs efficiently.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance to fulfill essential functions of the job description.
- Assists other personnel as may be required to support them in the completion of their work activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Some of the physical demands require significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing; significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, and 50% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed with some temperature extremes and some hazardous conditions.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 274