- Gifted Teacher JobID: 546
- Position Type:
10 Elementary School Teaching/Gifted/Talented Teacher
- Date Posted:
All Balsz School District Campuses
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Possesses or qualifies for appropriate Arizona Teacher Certificate.
- Possesses special area endorsements as required by state and/or federal regulations or District policy and procedures.
- Gifted Endorsement Preferred.
- Accounts for student growth in all areas consistent with District objectives
- Effectively manages groups of students
- Works cooperatively with administration and staff to best meet educational needs of the students
- Provides effective instruction to students consistent with District Goals and Objectives
- Develops procedures for assessing and evaluating student progress on stated objectives
- Modifies instruction for students at a variety of learning levels
- Uses current research to most effectively organize classroom
- Helps students develop positive self-esteem
- Plans, implements and evaluates instructional programs appropriate for areas of assignment and student population
- Supports and implements established District discipline programs
- Becomes aware of and follows the policies and procedures of the school and District
- Specifies objectives, teaching procedures, content, materials and assessment procedures for lessons
- Differentiates instruction and techniques based on student abilities and learning styles
- Obtains and uses information about students and seeks assistance from specialists
- Gives directions and explanation related to lesson
- Uses student responses and questions in teaching
- Provides student feedback throughout lesson
- Uses acceptable written and oral expression
- Uses logically sequenced lessons utilizing a variety of effective and appropriate teaching methods
- Uses instructional time effectively, while also attending to routine tasks
- Maintains an attractive and stimulating learning environment
- Communicates enthusiasm, while demonstrating warmth and friendliness
- Demonstrates sensitivity to needs and feelings of students
- Manages disruptive behavior and maintains positive classroom environment
- Works cooperatively with colleagues, administrators, parents and community members
- Follows the policies and administrative procedures of the school and District.
- Participates in professional growth activities exclusive of required in-service
- Assists in accomplishing school goals
- Performs other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.