Federal and State Programs Manager
- Federal and State Programs Manager JobID: 207
- Position Type:
80 Business Office
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- 60 credit hours of higher education or AA degree combined with relevant work experience
- Demonstrate strong managerial skills
- Demonstrates strong writing skills
- Demonstrates understanding of accounting and budgeting principles
- Demonstrates aptitude for planning and budgeting project proposals
- Demonstrates sound and practical decision-making
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills that are detail-oriented
- Communicate with others in a clear and precise manner, problem solving, analyze issues, create plans of action and reach solutions
- Willingness to become knowledgeable regarding select policies, regulations and legal requirements as related to Federal and State Programs/Grants.
- Effectively use a variety of computer programs to include, but not limited to: Excel and complex database programs.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze data and disseminate program effectiveness
- Demonstrates the ability to work harmoniously and effectively with school personnel, pupils, parents and community
- Responsible for managing all Federal and State grants under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer
- Create a Grant Team consisting of representatives of all stakeholder groups.
- Prepare IAPs, CNAs and other reports in conformity with state guidelines
- Evaluate overall grant performance and advise the CFO if the grantor’s objectives are being met
- Responsible for completing Federal and State monitoring related to Federal and State Programs
- Responsible for preparing purchase requisitions and extra duty timesheets as related to Federal and State Programs
- Prepare Completion Reports, Reimbursement Requests, and all reports relating to the Federal and State grants program
- Maintain all records required for monitoring, evaluation and auditing of federal and state programs
- Ensure that Single Audit Findings from the previous year, if any, are completely resolved and corrected.
- Monitors internal procedures to insure fiscal integrity of program funds in compliance with regulations governing expenditures of such funds
- Develop, implement, and monitor procedures to insure timely submission of applications, amendments, reports, census data and evaluations required for Federal and State Projects
- Represent the District at State meetings related to Federal and State Programs
- Prepare reports and studies for the purpose of providing information to the Board, Superintendent, CFO, the cabinet, and other staff, and the public.
- Performs managerial duties for the purpose of assisting the CFO in the performance of work and the efficient operation of the ESSER, Enrollment Stabilization Grants, Titles1, 11, 111, 1V and V1B programs.
- Maintains records/files for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information and compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, policies and requirements.
- Composes documents for the purpose of communicating information to school and district personnel, the public, state officials, etc. using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Perform and apply basic math including calculation of fractions, percent and/or ratios; read and interpret instructions; and understand multiple step instructions.
- Perform multiple technical tasks to manage electronic grant program.
- Prioritize work and make good decisions in the absence of the Director of Educational Services.
- Ability to work under standardized instructions and/or routines; provide information and/or advising others; and operating within a defined budget and/or financial guidelines.
- Maintains inventory of supplies for the ESSER, Enrollment Stabilization Grants, Title Funds and other grants for the purpose of ensuring availability of materials when needed..
- Independently researches issues/concerns and brings them to resolution.
- Maintain confidentiality of records, correspondence and conferences
- Maintains Time and Effort (T&E) Maintenance of Effort (MoE) records as required by governmental regulations.
- Regular and punctual attendance required to meet essential function of job responsibilities.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the Director of Educational Services.
- Represent the District at Phoenix Curriculum Council and all Title meetings.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
JOB Description: Federal and State Programs Manager
Job Title: Federal and State Programs Manager
Employment: Twelve Month Benefited Exempt
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
How to Apply: Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
Information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.