English Language Development (ELD) Specialist
- English Language Development (ELD) Specialist JobID: 367
- Position Type:
95 Curriculum Department
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Research and evaluate appropriate strategies and programs that will address the needs of English Language Learners.
- Provide instructional leadership/professional development focused upon meeting the needs of the district’s English language learners and the implementation of the new ELD standards.
- Monitor and ensure district compliance with state and federal ELL regulations
- Supervise the translation and interpretation services for the district, including the district liaisons and on-call interpreters.
- Collaborate with district and school sites administrators to create District /School wide parent education workshops pertaining to English Learner test, programs and resources.
- Understanding of English Language Learners policy and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of current English as a Second Language policies and practices. Knowledge and experience working with outside agencies.
- Skills in collaboration, group process and team facilitation. Training and/or experience in testing, multi-level instruction, and planning/designing/implementing curriculum adaptations.
- Abilities to stand and walk for prolonged periods, provide direction to others and make independent judgments, keep and maintain accurate records, meet deadlines, communicate with individuals of varied cultural and educational backgrounds, work collaboratively with others, and possess strong oral and written communication skills. Significant physical abilities include/reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception and accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree preferred. Master’s degree in Multi-Cultural or Bilingual Studies preferred.
- Experience in education or equivalent.
- Prior job related experiences.
Job Title: English Language Development (ELD) Specialist
Reports to: Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Supervises: No Supervisory responsibilities
Under the direction of Director of Curriculum and Instruction, the English Language Development (ELD) Specialist will implement, demonstrate, develop and coordinate the ELD district literacy and numeracy programs. The ELD Specialist in conjunction with the Director of Curriculum and Instruction will develop and establish a coherent set of district-wide protocols and procedures for the implementation of English Language Learner Programs. The ELD Specialist will ensure that district activities will occur in compliance with district, state, and federal guidelines.Essential Job Functions:
2.B Facilitate teachers meetings that focus on student work in literacy and numeracy by using state standards and rubrics.
2.C Consult with teachers to meet the needs of ELD students in the District
2.D Create model classrooms that incorporate all elements of the ELD program as cited by the school and District plans through implementation of techniques that include demonstration teaching, one-on-one observation and coaching, and facilitating group observations.
3.B Oversee the maintenance of student ELD files.
3.C Provide timely assessment data and reports as requested.
3.D Represents the District at county and state level ELD meetings.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Skills:
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements