- Dean JobID: 334
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Various Balsz Elementary District Schools
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
Job Title: Dean
Employment: Twelve Months
Salary: Administrative Salary Schedule
Reports to: Principal
Supervises: No Supervisory Responsibilities
• Graduate of an accredited college or university.
• Master’s Degree in Education Leadership or higher preferred.
• Administrative certification preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years successful teaching experience.
• Understanding of theory and practice of school administration.
• Knowledge of positive behavior promotion and the development of school cultures.
• Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with school personnel, pupils, parents and community.
• Sound, analytical, and practical decision-making.
• Assist in the implementation of policies, regulations, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to student behavior and attendance.
• Assist in maintaining discipline throughout the student body and participates in disciplinary hearings when applicable.
• Address bus behavior referrals and maintains appropriate documentation. • Assist teachers with behavior management plans and strategies.
• Serve as an instructional resource for intervention and equity services to support the development and growth of equitable systems and practices within the school.
• Serve as a leader of the culture of the school building.
• Work with student services staff in providing guidance and motivation for student success and in collaboratively developing plans for students who struggle.
• Coordinate and facilitate restorative practices approach to discipline and serves as a liaison with coordinators in other buildings to support a systemic approach.
• Communicate with students, parents, and staff in a timely manner regarding student behavior and attendance.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply: Applications can accessed on the district website, www.balsz.org/jobs. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Reference #: 334