- Crossing Guard JobID: 280
- Position Type:
50 Campus Support Staff/Crossing Guard
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
ASAP   Additional Information:
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Physically able to walk and stand for periods of time (one – two hours).
- Relates to public and students in a positive manner
- Certified in first aide/CPR, preferred.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- Administers first aide for the purpose of providing immediate emergency care.
- Placement and removal of appropriate signs in the roadways.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Directs traffic as may be required (e.g. emergency vehicles, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safety of students and other pedestrians.
- Intervenes in potential emergency situations for the purpose of minimizing disruptions of campus activities and/or injury to students or staff.
- Monitors the release of students for the purpose of ensuring conformance with school and district policies.
- Reports incidents (e.g. violation of bus rules, etc.) for the purpose of facilitating follow-up action as may be appropriate.
- Provides information as necessary for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate person.
- Other duties as assigned.
Revised Job Description: Crossing Guard
Employment: School Calendar
S Salary: Grade 2
R Reports to: Principal/Assistant Principal
Sup Supervises: No Supervisory Responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.