Copy Of Van Driver
- Copy Of Van Driver JobID: 534
- Position Type:
70 Maintenance/Transportation/Driver I (Van Driver)
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year school bus driver experience.
- Knowledge of district, state, and transportation policies.
- First aid certificate/CPR certified.
- Transports students and authorized personnel to and from school, field trips, and other district approved activities.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with students, parents, and other district personnel.
- Solves transportation issues quickly and calmly.
- Coordinates with Dispatcher to ensure route is run completely and on time.
- Communicates with district mechanic to complete maintenance and repairs on assigned vehicle(s).
- Monitors student behavior and ensures safety measures are followed.
- Inspects buses for readiness, safety and damage; and cleans interior of buses including washing windows, picking up trash, dusting and sweeping.
- Fills out forms including: bus information sheets, mileage, incident reports, seating charts, and route sheets.
- Participates in bus evacuation drills, training, and pre-run bus checks.
- Assists with the completion of other drivers’ routes when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Title: Driver I
Salary: Classified - Hourly – Grade 6
Reports to: Maintenance and Transportation Supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.