Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Financial Officer JobID: 292
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Direct the financial planning of the district: prepare the operational budget, compute the district tax rate, budget control and long term fiscal planning.
- Direct and oversee contracted services for the district's student transportation, food service and building and grounds maintenance program.
- Responsible for rentals, leases and community use of buildings.
- Direct the accounting operation of the district: accounts payable, maturities and debt payment, investments, and cash reconciliation.
- Supervise the audit procedures of the district: internal audit procedures, statements on financial position, recording of financial transactions, external audit, and post-audit procedures.
- Direct and oversee purchasing and supply management of the district: official purchasing agent, prepare standards and specification for bid, purchase supplies and equipment, warehouse management and inventory control.
- Manage school plant planning and construction: prepare plant utilization studies, project facility needs/safety standards, oversee contracts management and serve as superintendent's representative to architects and contractors.
- Serve as treasurer of the district for funds held in district bank accounts.
- Responsible for comprehensive overall planning and scheduling of maintenance and repair of equipment of district.
- Maintain permanent property records and be custodian of official documents, security and preservation of records, develop retention schedule of records, purge records no longer legally required.
- Direct the insurance program of the district: maintain insurance policies, insurable values of buildings, coverage levels to be provided, claims reporting to carriers, and management of outstanding claims.
- Prepare reports to the Board of Education: local, state, federal financial and statistical reports, required legal advertising, relationship and public information media.
- Administer and update Board policies and administrative procedures as related to fiscal and non-instructional matters.
- Responsible for elections and Board referenda.
- Advise and assist central office administrators, principals, and others with regard to any of the operations of the school district which fall within the responsibilities of the position.
- Provide research studies as directed by the superintendent. Recommend to the superintendent changes and improvements in the business operation of the district.
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balszk12.az.us. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.