- Campus Monitor JobID: 217
- Position Type:
50 Campus Support Staff/Campus Monitor
- Date Posted:
All Balsz School District Campuses
- Date Available:
07/31/2020   Additional Information: Show/Hide
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- Physically able to walk and stand for periods of time (one – three hours).
- Ability to work patiently and calmly with children and adults.
- Ability to oversee and control a large number of children.
- Possessing knowledge and common sense regarding safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of playground supervision and monitoring practices.
- Knowledge of age appropriate behavioral management methods and techniques
- Skill in working with, monitoring and supervising students on the playground.
- Skill in providing a safe play environment for students.
- Skill in providing direction, suggestion and encouragement to students.
- Skill in written and oral communications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of the Balsz Elementary School District rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Administers first aid for the purpose of providing immediate emergency care.
- Assists students with personal care requirements for the purpose of addressing immediate need or referring to appropriate party.
- Diffuses potential emergency situations for the purpose of minimizing disruptions of campus activities and/or injury to students or staff.
- Monitors campus environment for the purpose of ensuring unauthorized persons are not on school grounds in violation of school and district policies.
- Monitors playground equipment for the purpose of providing equipment for playground activities.
- Monitors students during assigned periods, lunch periods and recesses within a variety of school environments (e.g. restrooms, playgrounds, hallways, classrooms, library, bus stops, cafeteria, etc.) for the purpose of providing for the safety and welfare of students.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. discipline, accidents, inappropriate social behavior, violations of campus rules, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to teachers and/or administration.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities (these responsibilities will not include classroom instruction, which requires them to be NCLB qualified).
- Facilitates games among students for the purpose of providing age appropriate activities.
Job Title: Campus Monitor
Salary: Grade 2
Reports to: Principal/Assistant Principal
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.