- Position Type:
40 Administration/Assistant Principal
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
05/9/2023   Additional Information:
- Graduate of an accredited college or university
- Master’s Degree or higher
- Possession of appropriate Arizona Administrative Certification, required
- Minimum of three (3) years successful teaching experience
- Understanding of theory and practice of school administration.
- Competency in supervision, knowledge of instructional strategies, learning principles and student development.
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with school personnel, pupils, parents and community
- Sound and practical decision-making.
- The Assistant Principal assists in supervising directly or indirectly every employee assigned. In the absence of the Principal, the Assistant Principal is designated to serve as Acting Principal in his/her place at the assigned unit and be directly responsible to the Superintendent.
- Assists the Principal in developing and maintaining a program of appraisal and evaluation of employee performance within the requirements of State law and the Governing Board, making appropriate reports regarding the program (if recognized as a district qualified evaluator, which requires Administrative Certification).
- Reports to Principal the case of any employee assigned whose service is unsatisfactory and recommends action as appropriate and necessary.
- Recommends to Principal any disciplinary action regarding any employee for just cause.
- Makes recommendations to Principal concerning the assignments and promotion of personnel in the school unit.
- Assists the Principal in the selection of new employees, as requested.
- Delegates, in agreement with Principal, to other employees the exercise of any power or discharge of any duties, realizing that the delegation does not relieve the Assistant Principal of responsibility for actions taken or performance achieved as a result of such delegation.
- Conducts, through the Principal, formal and informal research into operations and instructional practices, procedures, materials and techniques necessary to operate the programs of the district.
- Assists Principal in the implementation, evaluation, and revision of the accepted curriculum and courses of study according to the specifications and standards set by the school district.
- Attends professional conferences and meetings in addition to meetings with district staff, parents, unit citizens and community organizations. Reports to the Principal impressions gained from these meetings and makes recommendations when appropriate.
- Informs and advises the Principal about the programs, activities, practices and problems of the area delegated to him/her.
- Continues the process of personal and professional growth as an educational leader through the reading of professional journals, attendance at professional conferences and counseling with other educational leaders at the local, state and national levels.
- Assists the Principal in preparing recommendations regarding the annual budget for programs within the unit, as requested.
- Provides for continued constructive articulation with secondary and private schools, as directed.
- Provides materials interpreting the curriculum programs of the district to the public and staff, as requested by Principal
- Address service clubs, PTA’s and citizens’ committees as reported to or requested by the school Principal.
- Provides the Principal and other staff members with facts that help them in their relations with the public.
- Assists Principal in unit meetings so that information is passed along at all levels, as requested.
- Prepares and submits, as requested, to the Principal information and recommendations on matters concerning district programs.
- Assists Principal in establishing procedures for enrollment changes and transfers of students. Develops communications of plan to parents, as requested.
- Attends meetings of the Governing Board as needed and other meetings as directed, unless excused for good cause.
- Assists Principal in maintaining educational policies and practices in the framework provided by the Governing Board and the State Department of Education.
- Assists Principal with the preparation of reports for the State Department of Education, the Federal Government, and other agencies as appropriate.
- Maintains school population and scholastic records in legally prescribed forms with safeguards for safety of records.
- Regular and punctual attendance required to meet essential function of job responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Principal or Superintendent.
|Assistant Principal||JobID: 278|
Job Title: Assistant Principal
Employment: Twelve Months
Salary: Administrative Salary Schedule
Reports to: Principal
Supervises: as assigned
HOW TO APPLY: Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office or via our website: www.balsz.org.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 278