- Administrative Assistant JobID: 377
- Position Type:
50 Campus Support Staff/School Administrative Assistant
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- College degree (AA or BA) or equivalent, preferred.
- Previous school or office experience.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish (Oral, Reading, Writing), preferred
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to pass a keyboard proficiency test
- Required to perform multiple non-technical tasks with a frequent need to upgrade skills due to changing job conditions.
- Requires typing and the use of computer word processing and the use of spreadsheets.
- Perform basic math including calculation of fractions, percents and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; write documents following prescribed formats and/or present information before groups.
- Knowledge of school office procedures, basic bookkeeping procedures, operation of standard office machines and computer operations.
- Command of business English and able to compose letters using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Communicate with others in a clear and precise manner and work cooperatively and tactfully with staff and public even in times of stress.
- Assists the principal and other administrative staff for the purpose of making appointments and maintaining the administrator and school’s calendar.
- Composes documents (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, bulletins, reports, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to school and district personnel, the public, state officials, etc.
- Coordinates programs and/or activities (e.g. speakers, dances, luncheons, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper notification to parents, staff, administrators, etc.
- Evaluates situations (e.g. involving other staff, students, parent’s the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Handles funds for the purpose of processing student fees, sale of products, etc.
- Inventories supplies and materials for the purpose of ensuring item’s availability.
- Maintains confidentiality (e.g. records, correspondence, conferences, etc.) for the purpose of protection of student and employee rights.
- Maintains equipment (e.g. copy machines, telephone equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper usage, maintenance and availability.
- Manages keys and security for the purpose of safe operation of the school.
- Monitors assigned activities and/or program components (e.g. attendance, program budget, time sheet, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Monitors students (e.g. sent to office for discipline, work volunteers, etc.) for the purpose of compliance and safety.
- Performs as the school greeter and receptionist for the purpose of greeting guests, answering phones and providing direction to students, teachers and other employees.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. purchase orders, work orders, minutes, brochures, newsletter, etc.) for the purpose of conveying information regarding school and/or district activates and procedures.
- Processes documents and materials (e.g. requisitions, schedules, attendance reports, agendas, mail, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Reconciles cash accounts as assigned for the purpose of maintaining accurate balances and complying with accounting practices.
- Registers and withdraws students for the purpose of maintaining accurate student records and enrolment data for budget and funding.
- Responds to inquiries (e.g. staff, the public, parents and/or students) for the purpose of providing information and/or direction as may be required.
- Manages office staff (e.g. determines workloads, establishes work schedules, monitors work performance, etc.) for the purpose of operating the school office.
- Supervises students for the purpose of monitoring students referred for illness and/or disciplinary actions.
- Supervises the distribution of mail, supplies, keys, etc. for the purpose of disseminating materials to appropriate parties.
- Supervises the maintenance of files and student records for the purpose of compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and policies.
- Administers first aid and medication to students (e.g. in absence of School Nurse) under the direction of health professional for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs.
- Assist parent and staff (e.g. finding lost children, lost books, clothing etc.) for the purpose of assisting them in any way possible.
- Assists other personnel as may be required (e.g. playground duty, cafeteria duty etc.) for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work.
- Oversees personnel (e.g. student workers, volunteers, instructional assistants, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring appropriate class credit and/or meeting work requirements.
- Ensures accuracy of attendance records (e.g. verification of forgeries, truancies, etc.) for the purpose of complying with State laws governing attendance accounting.
- Maintains records (e.g. files, average daily attendance, etc.) for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information.
- Makes personal contact (e.g. with parents, students, staff, etc.) for the purpose of providing information on a variety of attendance issues.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. CUTS letters, perfect attendance awards, attendance calendar, etc.) for the purpose of conveying information regarding school attendance.
- Processes documents and materials (e.g. attendance records, CUTS letters, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Regular and punctual attendance required to meet essential function of job responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Title: School Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Principal and/or Asst. Principal
Salary: Classified Salary Schedule
Salary: Classified Salary Schedule
Supervises: No Supervisory Responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.