Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent-Temporary
- Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent-Temporary JobID: 340
- Position Type:
Superintendent‘s Office/Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- College degree (AA or BA) or equivalent, preferred
- Previous school or office experience, preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish (Oral, Reading, Writing), preferred
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Products
- Knowledge of District organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of record keeping and confidential records management principles.
- Knowledge of all aspects of executive level administrative responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Federal and state laws, regulations, standards and codes related to school districts.
- Knowledge of methods and standards for preparing correspondence, reports and special communications.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
- Knowledge of general office processes and procedures.
- Skill in planning, organizing and managing complex administrative services with minimum supervision.
- Skill in managing multiple projects, duties and assignments.
- Skill in conducting research and preparing administrative reports.
- Skill in accurately and concisely record proceedings of meetings.
- Skill in using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Skill in handling people tactfully and courteously, and answering questions within the scope of authority.
- Skill in communicating effectively, and using discretion and sound judgment.
- Skill in maintaining composure, and working effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Skill in meeting critical time deadlines.
- Skill in composing memos, letters, reports and other documents.
- Skill in using mathematics and maintaining accurate records.
- Skill in dealing tactfully and courteously with individuals seeking information about school functions.
- Skill in public relations and customer service.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with co-workers, government agencies, elected officials, community organizations, the media, and the public.
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Independently plans and coordinates administrative support functions and services for District
- Superintendent; provides administrative management of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Exercises initiative and independent judgment in performing administrative functions; applies judgment to resolving problems and making work process decisions within scope of authority.
- Prepares information necessary for administrative decisions and implementation of policies and decisions; assures that action items are properly processed, managed and resolved.
- Acts as secretary to Governing Board, including scheduling and attending meetings; prepares meeting agenda, action item lists, and presentation materials for Board.
- Supervises the preparation and review of agenda meeting information packets for Board members and others; prepares and distributes final Agenda and back-up materials; meets legal requirements for posting and publishing Board documents.
- Takes accurate and complete notes of the Board meetings; documents and preserves the actions of Board meetings; prepares, edits and distributes meeting minutes.
- Answers questions where judgment, knowledge and interpretation of District policies, procedures and regulations are necessary; responds independently to inquiries when appropriate.
- Maintains calendars and schedules meetings and appointments; prioritizes and resolves complex meeting schedules; coordinates meeting rooms and resources.
- Updates, maintains and organizes electronic and paper files, records, reports and documents; maintains file integrity and confidentiality by monitoring and assuring compliance to District policies and procedures; assures the accuracy of the electronic and paper filing systems
- Conducts and coordinates assigned projects; identifies and resolves problems.
- Composes correspondence and other documents on a wide variety of subjects requiring knowledge of the procedures and policies of the District; types, edits and prepares correspondence, memoranda, letters, legal and technical documents, information packets and other communications.
- Serves as office manager for District Office support staff; supervises and evaluates employees as assigned.
- Updates and maintains statistical information, reports and related documents.
- Maintains the absolute confidentiality of all records and information.
- Interprets or translates as necessary.
- Regular and punctual attendance required to meet essential function of job responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant to Superintendent/Board
*******this is a posting for a temporary position*******
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform highly responsible executive support functions for the District Superintendent, including administrative management of sensitive and confidential issues, and coordinating meetings and calendars of the Governing Board.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.