Employment: 12 months – Classified Non-Exempt Qualifications:
Salary: Grade 6
Reports to: Maintenance/Transportation Supervisor and/or Principal
Supervises: No supervisory responsibility
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Previous experience in facility cleaning, maintenance, repairs, and scheduling.
- Arranges furnishings and equipment in preparation for meetings, classroom activities and events.
- Cleans school facilities (e.g. classrooms, offices, multipurpose rooms, grounds, etc.) as needed to maintain a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Distributes variety of items (e.g. supplies, mail, packages, furniture, etc.) to the appropriate school district employees.
- Performs preventive maintenance to maintain equipment and facilities.
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance to maintaining a safe, clean, and secure environment.
- Procures equipment, supplies and materials to maintain availability of required items for efficient completion or required work.
- Maintains electronic and verbal communication with principal and maintenance supervisor to ensure that schedules and services are completed in a timely manner.
- Drives District vehicles in course of duties as directed.
- Maintains electronic, paper, and telephone communication with maintenance staff to ensure issues are resolved.
- Maintains irrigation equipment for the purpose of watering grounds and plants.
- Regular and punctual attendance required to meet essential function of job responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.